REVIEW⎪CRAZY COLOR HAIR DYE

4:27 PM Laetitia V. 0 Comments

When you're young, you sometimes get a crazy idea. Or a few of them. I've had my little crazyness a few years ago when I dyed my hair red. My hair is now back to it's original ash blond kinda color with a light blond ombre - which is actually my roots grown out. It took me a while to get back, but I still have the itch to try something new. Because I didn't want to go through the entire process of bleaching, dying, growing out again I decided to just color my ends. Dip-dye it is!

My mind was set to a light blue so I went searching online. That's how I found Crazy Color. They have all kinds of, well, crazy colors, haha, going from pink to purple to blue and green. The website is very easy and they even explain online what you have to do, how to use it, how to maintain your color, etc. Very helpful for people that have a lot of questions.
I went for the Bubblegum Blue, which is quite light. I ordered it online and while the website said 5 to 10 business days delivery, it arrived earlier! So that was a great plus. 
The color is in the bottle, no need for mixing different products and that also means it's re-usable! As I'm just going for a dip-dye, I'll have a lot left so I'm happy that I don't have to throw it away.
Something a little less was that the package didn't come with gloves. As we didn't have any nearby, Shanah used her bare hands - thank you again for wanting to do it like this! - which left her with blue hands. She got most of it out the same day by washing her hands with toothpaste and lotion and all the blue was out by the day after.
We left it on for about 20 minutes and it took great on the lighter parts of my hair, but not so much on the back where my hair is darker. They do mention on the website that it is best to use it on bleached hair, so I can't really "blame" the product for this. Lesson learned I guess.
I've been washing my hair as I always do, which means about every other day with my regular products. As it is semi-permanent, it washes out. After a week the color was already lighter, but still quite visible. The second week the color faded more and more and by the end of that week the color was almost out, it became pastel-ish. This lasted for about a week to a week and a half, which is also not bad, haha. Three to four weeks is almost exactly what I wanted, so I'm very happy with how long it lasted!

All in all I was quite happy with the result. It looked even better than I hoped and the color was as light as I had in mind. I probably will do it again, but then I will provide gloves. And it's certainly not the price that will hold me back!

Crazy Color products are available online at £4


Als je jong bent, krijg je soms een gek idee. Of een aantal. Ik heb mijn gekkigheid een paar jaar geleden gehad toen ik mijn haar rood gekleurd heb. Mijn haar is nu weer naar zijn oorspronkelijke asblond-achtige kleur met een lichte ombre - die eigenlijk mijn uitgroei is. Ik heb er lang over gedaan om terug te gaan, maar het jeukt nog steeds om iets nieuws te proberen. Omdat ik niet opnieuw door het hele proces wou gaan van ontkleuren, kleuren en uitgroeien, besloot ik om enkel mijn uiteindes te kleuren. Dip-dye it is!

Ik had mijn zinnen gezet op lichtblauw dus ging ik online zoeken. Zo vond ik Crazy Color. Ze hebben allerlei gekke kleuren gaande van roze naar paars naar blauw en groen. De website is heel gemakkelijk en ze leggen ook online uit wat je moet doen, hoe je het moet gebruiken, hoe je je kleur behoudt, etc. Heel behulpzaam voor mensen met veel vragen.
Ik ging voor Bubblegum Blue, dat vrij licht is. Ik bestelde het online en terwijl de website zei 5 tot 10 werkdagen levering, kwam het vroeger toe! Dus dat was een groot pluspunt.
De kleur bevindt zich in de fles, het is dus niet nodig om verschillende producten te mengen en dat betekent ook dat het herbruikbaar is! Aangezien ik enkel voor een dip-dye ga, ga ik veel overhebben dus ik ben blij dat ik het niet weg hoef te gooien.
Wat minder was, was dat het pakje zonder handschoenen kwam. Aangezien we er geen bij de in de buurt hadden liggen, heeft Shanah haar blote handen gebruikt - nog eens bedankt om het zo te willen doen! - waardoor ze achteraf blauwe handen had. Ze heeft het meeste er de dag zelf uitgekregen door haar handen te wassen met tandpasta en lotion en alles was er de volgende dag uit.
We hebben het ongeveer 20 minuten laten intrekken en het heeft geweldig gepakt op de lichtere stukken van mijn haar, maar minder aan de achterkant waar mijn haar donkerder is. Ze vermelden wel op de website dat je het best gebruikt op ontkleurd of gebleekt haar, dus ik kan het product hier niet echt "de schuld van geven". Lesje geleerd denk ik.
Ik heb mijn haar gewassen zoals ik altijd doe. Omdat het semi-permanent is, wast het uit. Na een week was de kleur al lichter, maar nog steeds vrij zichtbaar. De tweede week vervaagde de kleur meer en meer, het werd pastelachtig. Dit duurde een week tot anderhalve week, wat ook niet slecht is, haha. Drie tot vier weken is bijna exact wat ik wou, dus ik ben heel blij met hoe lang het geduurd heeft!

In het algemeen ben ik vrij blij met het resultaat. Het zag er beter uit dan ik hoopte en de kleur was even licht als wat ik in gedachten had. Ik ga het waarschijnlijk opnieuw doen, maar dan ga ik handschoenen voorzien. En het is zeker niet de prijs die me gaat tegenhouden!

Crazy Color producten zijn online beschikbaar aan £4